For the study of responsible alcohol/beer consumption in a healthy lifestyle
Application deadline 18 November 2019
The Dutch Beer Institute offers a grant of € 5,000 to support a research project. This project should focus on biomedical, nutritional or (psycho-)social aspects of responsible alcohol consumption, specifically taking into account (non-alcoholic) beer. If you need any inspiration you can have a look in our Beer and Health database or the projects from previous winners.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from students / PhD students / Postdocs / scientists.
Timeframe and selection process
Until 18 November 2019 an application can be submitted. The application is a short but realistic, motivated and clear description of the research idea + methodology (maximum of one A4).
- Selection of the winner
The Dutch Beer Institute will do a pre-selection of all eligible applications submitted. Then the scientific board members of The Dutch Beer Institute will select the one most outstanding. The winner has to write a more extensive study proposal, before starting the research.
- Award timeframe
The winner will be announced in February 2020. The project, either new or currently ongoing, should be completed within 2 years from the date of the award. Preferably a manuscript will be written and submitted to a scientific journal. Otherwise, The Dutch Beer Institute wants to receive a final report in English to be able to communicate about the research findings.
Applications will be judged based on the following criteria*:
- Most important: The contribution of the work to the advancement of knowledge in the field of alcohol/(non-alcoholic) beer in a healthy lifestyle and its practical implications.
- The description of the work and the methodology quality of the research plan.
- Qualifications of the applicant and experience in the proposed area of research and with the proposed methodology.
- Feasibility for successful completion.
- Fundamental, cell and animal studies will be excluded.
Submission of application
The following documents should be submitted in English in pdf format by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline 18 November 2019)
- The application form (documents not using this template will not be considered)
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant
Do you want to keep receiving information on grants?
In the future we will be sending the announcement for our grant via a newsletter especially for scientist. If you want to keep receiving information (twice a year) on grants, symposia and other news on alcohol and health for scientist, please register for the newsletter for scientists.
*No award will be made in case of insufficient applications and/or if proposals are not suitable.